Clark & Enersen is one of the region’s fastest growing design firms. As an employee-owned, full-service design firm—with services including architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, plumbing engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, landscape architecture, laboratory planning, interior design, master planning, and commissioning—Clark & Enersen provides its employees the opportunity to work on impactful, exciting, and sustainable projects of all sizes and types across the country. With a culture that prioritizes exceptional service, integrated services, creative design solutions, and employee growth in a team-based atmosphere, our firm is seeking talented and motivated design professionals to become part of our team.
We are currently seeking a full-time Building Performance Engineer for our Lincoln, Nebraska; Kansas City, Missouri; or Fort Collins, Colorado offices. In this role, you will help lead our integrated team of architects and engineers in the modeling, visualization, and optimization of energy use in high-performing and highly-sustainable facilities of all types and sizes.
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA #1 Happiest City in America | Men’s Health \ #3 Best Cities for Young Professionals | Smart Asset \ #4 Best Cities for Work-Life Balance | Smart Asset \ #8 Most Caring Cities in the U.S. | WalletHub
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI #6 Smart Places to Live | Kiplinger \ #6 Best City for New College Grads | Smart Asset \ One of the Best Trips of 2019 | National Geographic \ #49 Best Places to Live | Livability
FORT COLLINS, COLORADO #1 Best Place to Live in America | Livability \ #1 Best Places to Live in America in 2020 | Market Watch \ #5 Bet Place to Live | US News \ #4 Happiest Places in the US | Washington Post \ #8 Most Fitness Friendly Places for 2021 | Smart Asset
What We Do
Our diverse portfolio is the direct result of our commitment to the communities we serve. Through close working relationships and service, we strive to meet the unique needs of each client. Our wide variety of experience on different types of projects, from state-of-the-art science and technology facilities to athletic competition venues, has given our team unmatched expertise in multiple markets.
How We Are Different
We bring all services together through our unique, holistic design approach. This method enhances our ability to communicate with clients and explore solutions. In turn, it helps our team collaborate at a high level and produce superior integration of site, systems, and structure. We also know that our firm is only as good as our people—and we happen to have some of the best design professionals in the entire A/E industry. Clark & Enersen hires and retains top talent for every discipline and department in our firm.
- Flexible work hours.
- Approachable leadership team.
- Health and wellness incentives.
- Leadership development classes.
- In-house golf league, softball, sand volleyball, and soccer teams.
- Lead building performance modeling and analysis for the firm, with team of design mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and architects providing support and design collaboration.
- Model and analyze building energy use, water usage, utility costs, and utility incentives. The ability to perform daylighting analysis is preferred, but not required.
- Evaluate various energy conservation measures to optimize the design and ROI of building massing, envelope construction, mechanical systems, and electrical systems.
- Actively participate in integrated design sessions with clients and internal team of engineers and architects at all design stages, from early design through construction completion.
- Prepare and submit documentation for energy code compliance and for sustainability certification programs such as LEED, Green Globes, WELL, EnergyStar, ASHRAE Building EQ, etc.
- Research new design strategies, systems, trends, and equipment, and educate firm through knowledge-sharing sessions and intranet platforms.
- Market building performance modeling to new and existing clientele in conjunction with other design team members.
- Participate in firm’s QA/QC process to by providing feedback on lessons learned from the building performance modeling process.
- Mentor and develop younger staff as needed in a team-based atmosphere.
- Travel as necessary to accomplish responsibilities.
- Accredited degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE or MAE) or Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- Engineering and/or energy modeling experience in the building industry (3+ years of experience desired).
- Proficient in the use of building performance simulation programs (IESVE, eQUEST, Trace3D, DesignBuilder, Cove.tool, or similar) and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Revit, daylighting software, and/or CFD software is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with energy codes/standards (e.g. IECC, ASHRAE 90.1), sustainability certification programs (e.g. LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge,etc.), and engineering codes/standards (e.g. ASHRAE 55, ASHRAE 62.1, etc.).
- Understanding of building HVAC, piping, plumbing, electrical, and envelope systems, and a desire for lifelong learning.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal communication, and written communication skills
- Building performance modeling certification (e.g. ASHRAE BEMP, ASHRAE HPDP, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- LEED AP and/or WELL AP status is preferred, but not required.
- Professional engineering licensure is preferred, but not required.
- Energy auditing experience is preferred, but not required.
- Team-based atmosphere with opportunity to work on cutting-edge, innovative projects.
- Ability to make an impact across the country through energy-use reduction and sustainable design solutions.
- Competitive salary and benefits package with profit-sharing potential.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Casual work environment.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org