Clark & Enersen is one of the region’s fastest growing design firms. As an employee-owned, full-service design firm — with services including architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, plumbing engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, landscape architecture, laboratory planning, interior design, master planning, and commissioning — Clark & Enersen provides its employees the opportunity to work on impactful, exciting, and sustainable projects of all sizes and types across the country. With a culture that prioritizes exceptional service, integrated services, creative design solutions, and employee growth in a team-based atmosphere, our firm is seeking talented and motivated design professionals to become part of our team.
We are currently seeking a full-time Commissioning Agent for our Lincoln, Nebraska; Kansas City, Missouri; or Fort Collins, Colorado offices. In this role, you will assist in executing the commissioning process for projects from scope clarification through post-occupancy activities on projects of all types and sizes in a fast-paced market while working with contractors, clients, and internal staff. With our Commissioning division being relatively new and growing, many opportunities to grow your career are available with this position.
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA #2 Best Place to Live for Young Adults, MoneyRates \ #1 Best City for Jobs, Forbes \ #5 Best City to Raise a Family, Smart Asset
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI #6 Smart Places to Live, Kiplinger \ One of the Best Trips of 2019, National Geographic
FORT COLLINS, COLORADO #4 Happiest Places in the US, Washington Post \ Best US Places to Travel in 2019 | Forbes
What We Do
Our diverse portfolio is the direct result of our commitment to the communities we serve. Through close working relationships and service, we strive to meet the unique needs of each client. Our wide variety of experience on different types of projects, from state-of-the-art science and technology facilities to athletic competition venues, has given our team unmatched expertise in multiple markets.
How We Are Different
We bring all services together through our unique, holistic design approach. This method enhances our ability to communicate with clients and explore solutions. In turn, it helps our team collaborate at a high level and produce superior integration of site, systems, and structure. We also know that our firm is only as good as our people — and we happen to have some of the best design professionals in the entire A/E industry. Clark & Enersen hires and retains top talent for every discipline and department in our firm.
- Flexible work hours.
- Approachable leadership team.
- Health and wellness incentives.
- Leadership development classes.
- In-house golf league, softball, sand volleyball, and soccer teams.
- Work with Cx Director to execute the Cx process related to building systems.
- Set up and maintain web-based delivery system used for Cx project management and project execution.
- Assist in managing project schedules.
- Perform internal reviews of draft Pre-Functional Checklists (PFCs) and Functional Performance Tests (FPTs).
- Monitor project progress through site observation walks and develop site observation reports.
- Work with construction teams to ensure successful data collection, PFC completion, and Pre-Test Deliverables are provided.
- Observe (MEP) system testing.
- Assist in the draft of the Cx plan, PFCs, FPTs and Cx Project Deliverables and Durations Document.
- Participate in firm’s QA/QC process to by providing feedback on lessons learned during the commissioning process.
- As needed, assist in the review of design and documentation of engineered MEP systems for a wide variety of project types.
- Travel as necessary to accomplish responsibilities.
The following qualifications are essential:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- General understanding of Building HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Systems.
- Ability to interact professionally with building occupants/owners, facilities personnel, and construction contractors.
- Shows strong communication skills in writing and speaking to minimize confusion during communication to project stakeholders.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Strong understanding of building electrical systems including: power, lighting, lighting controls, stand-by/emergency power supply, and low voltage systems.
- Understanding of building automation and energy management systems.
- Commissioning certification (CxA, CCP, CPMP, or similar).
- MEP design or system installation experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Revu Bluebeam, and/or cloud-based commissioning software.
- Team-based atmosphere with opportunity to work on cutting-edge, innovative projects.
- Ability to make an impact across the country through energy-use reduction and sustainable design solutions.
- Competitive salary and benefits package with profit-sharing potential.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement in our up-and-coming Commissioning Division.
- Casual work environment.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a resume to email@example.com